Senior Assistant Professor, UBD School of Business and Economics
Md Zahidul Islam is a Senior Assistant professor of Management in school of Business and Economics at University Brunei Darussalam (UBD). Dr Zahid earned his PhD and MBA degrees from the University Science Malaysia (USM). He received his BA (Honors) degree from the Aligarh Muslim University, India. Previously he worked with universities in Bangladesh and Malaysia. Dr Zahid has years of active teaching, consultancy and research experience in the fields of Strategic Management, Human Resource Management and Knowledge Management. Dr. Islam’s research interests include Strategic Knowledge Management, Strategic Management, New Product Development, Corporate Social Responsibility and Enterprise Resources Planning.
His research work has appeared in such journal as Management Decision, Journal of Database Management, Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, VINE: The Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems and International Journal of Managing Projects in Business. His current editorial roles include serving as an editor of the Journal of Organizational Management.
Strategic Knowledge Management
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar h-index
Google Scholar i10-index
1. Islam, M. Z., Jasimuddin, S.M. and Hasan, I. (2018). Determinants that influence Knowledge Sharing: An Integrated Literature Review. International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies, 9(4), 363-380.
2. Rahman, S., Islam, M. Z., Ahad, A. D and Sumardi, W.A. (2018). Empirical investigation of the relationship between organizational factors and organizational commitment in service organizations. Journal of Strategy and Managemnt, 11(3), 418-431.
3. Rahman, M. H., Moonesar, I. A, Hossain, M. M. and Islam, M. Z. (2018). Influence of Organizational Culture on Knowledge Transfer: Evidence from the Government of Dubai. Journal of Public Affairs, 18: e 1696.
4. Islam, M. Z., Jasimuddin, S.M. and Hasan, I. (2017). The Role of Technology and Socialization in Linking Organizational Context and Knowledge Conversion: The Case of Malaysian Service Organizations, International Journal of Information Management, 37(5), 497-503.
5. Rahman, S., Islam, M. Z. and Ahad, A. D (2017). Understanding factors affecting knowledge sharing: a proposed framework for Bangladesh’s business organizations, Journal of Science Technology and Policy Management, 8(3), 275-298.
6. Islam, M.Z, Hasan, I, Hossain, M.M and Low, K. C. (2017). Total Quality Management and Job Satisfaction among the Bank Employees, International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital, 14(4), 347-365.
1. Nah, F. F., Islam, M. Z., and Matthew, T. (2007). Empirical Assessment of Factors Influencing the Success of Enterprise Resource Planning Implementations. Journal of Database Management, 18(4), 26-50.
2. Islam, M.Z., Low, K. C., and Hasan, I. (2013). Intention to Use Advanced Mobile Phone Services. Management Decision, 51(4). 824-838.
3. Ahmed, S. U., Islam, M. Z., Mahtab, H., and Hasan, I. (2014). Institutional Investment and Corporate Social Performance: Linkage Towards
Sustainable Development. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 21(1), 1-13.
4. Islam, M. Z., Jasimuddin, S.M. and Hasan, I. (2015) Organizational Culture, Structure, Technology Infrastructure and Knowledge Sharing: Empirical Evidence from MNCs based in Malaysia, VINE: The Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Systems, 45(1), 67-88.
5. Islam, M. Z., Jasimuddin, S.M. and Hasan, I. (2017). The Role of Technology and Socialization in Linking Organizational Context and Knowledge Conversion: The Case of Malaysian Service Organizations, International Journal of Information Management, 37(5), 497-503.
1. Project Name:Empirical Investigation of the factors Affecting Organisational Effectiveness in Brunei Public Sector. (with Wardah Azimah Haji Sumardi and Thuraya Farhana Haji Said)
Duration: In Progress (June, 2018- May’2019)
Role: Principal Investigator
Amount: BND 7800 ( UBD research grant)