Lecturer, Pengiran Anak Puteri Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah Institute of Health Sciences
Dr Siti Rohaiza joined UBD in September 2007
- Governing Board Member for Brunei Darussalam of SEAMEO Regional Center For Food and Nutrition RECFON in Indonesia (2016-2019)
- Member of the Asia Pacific Food and Nutrition Collaboration Group for Brunei Darussalam (APFNC) (November 2016 onwards)
Bsc (Hons) Nutrition - University of Nottingham, UK
MSc (Biotech) - UOW, Australia
PhD in Public Health - UQ, Australia
1. Nutrition (Public health and laboratory research)
2. Obesity - the impact of the environment
Main Research Project: Local Bruneian Rice Study
Impact on health - Glycemic Index of local Bruneians rice.
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar h-index
Pertanika Journal of Science and Technology, ISSN: 01287680, eISSN: 22318526, Pages: 387-396, Published: January 2019
Tok Chen Yun, , Siti Rohaiza Ahmad, David Koh Soo Quee, , and
Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences, ISSN: 1394195X, eISSN: 21804303, Pages: 56-66, Published: June 2018
Siti Rohaiza Ahmad, Lisa Schubert, and Robert Bush
Journal of Health Sciences, ISSN: 22327576, eISSN: 19868049, Pages: 181-188, Published: 2018
Malaysian Journal of Nutrition, ISSN: 1394035X, Pages: 307-315, Published: 2016
Brunei International Medical Journal, ISSN: 15605876, eISSN: 20793146, Pages: 70-77, Published: 2016
1. Ahmad, S. R., Schubert, L., & Bush, R. (2019). Government and school community member perception on childhood obesity prevention in the primary school settings of Brunei Darussalam. Journal of Health Sciences. https://doi.org/10.17532/jhsci.2018.191
2. Ahmad, SR. (2019). Maternal Nutrition and Fetal Programming of the Immune System: Epidemiological and Experimental Evidences. Asian Journal of Medicine and Health, 14(3), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.9734/ajmah/2019/v14i330103
3. Ahmad, S., Schubert, L., & Bush, R. (2019). Nutrition and Physical Activities in the Schools: A Qualitative Study of Children Perceptions in Brunei Darussalam. Asian Food Science Journal, 8(1), 1-8. https://doi.org/10.9734/afsj/2019/v8i129980
4. Mustapa, N.A.H. and Ahmad, S.R., 2019. Effects of Various Drying Methods on the Vitamin C level of Papaya Locally Grown in Brunei Darussalam. Pertanika Journal of Science & Technology, 27(1). http://www.pertanika.upm.edu.my/Pertanika%20PAPERS/JST%20Vol.%2027%20(1)%20Jan.%202019/21%20JST-1140-2018.pdf
5. Shirley Huan Fang Lee, Ihsan N Zulkipli, Sheba R David, Siti Rohaiza Ahmad, Fairuzeta Ja'afar, Ya Chee Lim, Rajan Rajabalaya. Review on milk and its biological effects on human health: Neurological conditions, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, 3-6 (2018), 84-89. http://www.foodsciencejournal.com/archives/2018/vol3/issue6/3-6-23
6. Tok CY, Ahmad SR, Koh DSQ. Dietary habits and lifestyle practices among university students in Universiti Brunei Darussalam. Malays J Med Sci. 2018;25(3):xx–xx. https://doi.org/10.21315/mjms2018.25.3.6 (Scopus indexed) (Google Scholar and Scopus-Indexed)
7. SR Ahmad, L. Schubert, R.Bush (2016) Use of an Audit Tool to Assess Obesogenicity: Lessons Learnt from Primary School Environments in Brunei Darussalam. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition, 22(2), 307-315.
8. Maisarah S, SR Ahmad and David K (2016). Fruits and vegetables consumptions among students studying at Universiti Brunei Darussalam. Brunei International Medical Journal 12(2), 70-77. http://www.bimjonline.com/Abstract/BIMJ%202016%20Volume%2012,%20Issue%202/SHARIF20161227077.htm
9. Ahmad, S. R., L. Schubert, and P. R. Bush (2013). "Primary school nutrition and physical activity environment: A case study in Brunei Darussalam." Obesity Research & Clinical Practice 7 (2013): 22-23. [Conference Presentation] (Google Scholar and Scopus-Indexed)
10. Siti Rohaiza Ahmad (2017) Brainstorming activity in class: How will you do it? The Asia Pacific Scholar, 2 (2), 34-35. https://doi.org/10.29060/TAPS.2017-2-2/LE1043
11. NA Damit, HA Rahman and SR Ahmad. Breakfast intake habit among University Brunei Darussalam students. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition (Quarter 3 Journal, Google Scholar and Scopus-Indexed)
12. SR Ahmad and Usamah Sarbini. The effect of storage on Vitamin C stability of locally grown fruits in Brunei Darussalam. Innovare Journal of Food Science (Google Scholar Indexed).
Siti Rohaiza Ahmad, Dr Lisa Schubert and Robert Bush. Measuring obesogenicity of an environment using an audit tool, Malaysia Indonesia Brunei Medical Science Conference 2015 (in Brunei) as symposium speaker.
Ahmad, S. R., L. Schubert, and P. R. Bush (2013). "Primary school nutrition and physical activity environment: A case study in Brunei Darussalam." Obesity Research & Clinical Practice 7 (2013): 22-23. (Scopus-indexed)
SR Ahmad et al., Expression of copper transporters and chaperones in relation to the multicopper oxidase hephaestin, QIMR Student Retreat Conference 2011 (In Brisbane) as poster presenter (Sponsored by UQ).
SR Ahmad et al., Expression of copper transporters and chaperones in relation to the multicopper oxidase hephaestin, QIMR Student Retreat Conference 2011 (In Brisbane) as poster presenter (Sponsored by UQ)
SR Ahmad, Oduola A. Nurolaini K and Fiza D, An Assessment of the Institute of Medicine UBD Public Medical Lecture as infrastructural support to Problem Based Learning, 6th Asia Pacific Medical Education Conference 2009 (in Singapore) as poster presenter (Funded by UBD)
SR Ahmad et al, The effect of malnutrition on thymus and hypothalamus development. Malaysia Indonesia Brunei Medical Science Conference 2008 (in Malaysia) as oral presenter (Funded by UBD)
Ahmad, S. R., L. Schubert, and P. R. Bush (2013). "Primary school nutrition and physical activity environment: A case study in Brunei Darussalam." 2nd Asia Oceania Conference of Obesity in Bandung, Jakarta (Sponsored by UQ)
UBD Competitive Research Grant - Local Bruneian Rice Research as Principal Investigator
- Innovation in terms of the development of an audit tool for the assessment of obesogenic environment and also a policy analysis grid.