Senior Assistant Professor, Pengiran Anak Puteri Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah Institute of Health Sciences
She is a Senior Assistant Professor at PAPRSB Institute of Health Sciences,UBD. She graduated with a BPharm(Hons) from Cardiff University in 1998. She then did her pre-registration training as a Pharmacist in Chelmsford, Essex in 1999 where she earned her membership as a Member of Royal Pharmaceutical Society in UK up until now.She did her PhD in Jan 2000, where she graduated 3 years later with a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry from Cardiff University. She joined UBD in 2004 as a Lecturer.Her research interests has diversify where she collaborate with her colleagues as well from Faculty of Science & Clinician/Pharmacists from Ministry of Health ranging from Traditional Medicine, Complementary Alternative Medicines, Medicinal Plants, Pap smear test and cervical cancers, Medical and Pharmacy Education. She has been appointed as a Board member for the Brunei Darussalam Pharmacy Board since 2016 until now. She hold various administrative positions since 2009 and was the Deputy Dean at PAPRSB institute of Health Sciences UBD from 2013-2016.
Complementary Alternative Medicines and Traditional Medicine
Natural Products (Medicinal values)
Pharmacy and Medical Education - Curriculum design and assessment
Cervical and Lung Cancer survival rate study
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar h-index
Google Scholar i10-index
1) Smoking Initiation and Continuation A Qualitative Study among Bruneian Male Adolescents by T Talip, N Kifli, Z Murang, L Naing. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2016, 17:3533-3540
2) Systematic Review of Smoking Initiation among Asian Adolescents, 2005-2015: Utilizing the Frameworks of Traidic Influenec and Planned Behaviour by T Talip, Z Murang, N Kifli, L Naing. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2016, 17:3341
3) Phytochemicals from Mangifera pajang Kosterm and their biological activities by Sukari, M.A,, Ismail, I.S., Abdul, A.B., Abu Bakar, M.F., Kifli, N., Ee, G.C.L
BMC Complement Alternative Medicine. 2015, 15 (1) :83
4) Phytochemicals from Kaempferia angustifolia Rosc. and Their Cytotoxic and Antimicrobial Activities by SW Tang, MA Sukari, BK Neoh, YSY Yeap, AB Abdul, N Kifli, GCL Ee BioMed Research International, 2015, Volume 2014 (2014), 1-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/417674
5) Prospective Studentsâ€™: A survey of pre-university student perspectives on the development of outcome based undergraduate Pharmacy curriculum in Brunei Darussalamâ€™ by N Kifli, S David, R Rajabalaya, R Jair. Brunei Darussalam Journal of Health, 2016, 6(2): 99-107. http://bdjh.ubd.edu.bn/Current%20issue/current%20issue.htm
6) "Medication wastage and its Disposal Amongst Patients at Suri Seri Begawan (SSB) Hospital in Brunei Darussalam", By Nurolaini K, Sultana SM, Wai See W, Med & Health 2016; 11(2): 139-150 http://www.medicineandhealthukm.com/sites/medicineandhealthukm.com/files/article/2016/4_nurolaini_et_al_pdf_70064.pdf
7) "Reliability and validity of the malay version of a modified smoking self-efficacy questionnaire among Bruneian secondary students" by T Talip, N Kifli, L Naing. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 2017; 18(6): 1499-1505
8) "Survival of primary lung cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam, 1987-2012" by Naing, L, Abdullah, A., Abdullah, S., Kifli, N. Annals of Translational Medicine, 2017; 5 (5): Article number 98.
9) "Oral and transdermal drug delivery systems: Role of lipid-based lyotropic liquid crystals(Review)" by Rajabalaya, R., Musa, M.N., Kifli, N., David, S.R. Drug Design, Development and Therapy, 2017; 11 (13): 393-406
Grant type: URG, Grant Number: , Project Title: Knowledge, perceptions & attitudes on Pap smear test amongst Bruneians, Investigators (PI/Co-PI): PI, Funding Details: Research Grants, Start Date: 01/03/2010, End Date: 01/03/2011
Grant Type: URG, Grant Number: UBD/PSR/MOE â€“ S&T/5 , Project Title: Survival of cervical cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam, Investigators (PI/Co-PI): PI, Start Date: 19/07/2010, End Date: 19/01/2013
Grant Type: URG, Grant Number: UBD/PSR/MOE â€“ S&T/10, Project Title: Survival of primary lung cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam, Investigators (PI/Co-PI): Co-PI, Start Date: 19/04/2011, End Date: 19/02/2014
Grant Type: BRC, Grant Number: BRC 6, Project Title: Ex-situ Conservation, Biological and Phytochemical studies of Flora of Brunei Darussalam, Investigators (PI/Co-PI): Co-PI, Start Date: 01/02/2012, End Date: 01/12/2015
She has facilitated â€œInspiring Change Workshopâ€ for the Senior Executive Officers Development Programme (SEDP) organised by ILIA from 2009 until 2011.
She also facilitated â€œV-Sigma Workshopâ€ for the Middle Management Officers from various ministries in 2010 & 2011.
She has also been appointed as examiner for ILIA EDPMMO Health related Research Proposal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Collaborating with Faculty of Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Collaborating with Department of Pharmaceutical Services, Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam
She worked as a Pharmaceutical Chemist at the Ministry of Health Brunei Darussalam from Feb 2003 until Feb 2004.
She is a member of "Brunei Darussalam Pharmacy Board" from 2016 until 2019.