Associate Professor, Sultan Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Centre for Islamic Studies
Dr. MULYADHI KARTANEGARA
Dr Mulyadhi Kartanegara obtained his BA degree from the State Islamic University (UIN) Jakarta. He pursued his Masters degree and PhD from the University of Chicago. He later returned to his country, Indonesia and taught Islamic Philosophy and Mysticism at UIN Jakarta for several years. He was the Executive Director of Center for Religious and Cross-cultural Studies at Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta from 2001-2003. Then he returned to resume his post at UIN, and in 2005 he founded the Center for Islamic Philosophical Studies and Information (CIPSI) and became its Director. In 2009 he taught at ISTAC (IIUM) Kuala Lumpur as a Senior Visiting Professor. He wrote some 20 books on Islamic philosophy and Mysticism, such as Gerbang Kearifan (The Gate of Wisdom), Integrasi Ilmu: Sebuah Rekosntruksi Holistic (The Integration of Knowledge: A Holistic Reconstruction), Into the Heart of Sufism and Essentials of Islamic Epistemology. He is currently an Associate Professor and Researcher as Sultan Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Centre for Islamic Studies (SOASCIS), Universiti Brunei Darussalam.
Undergraduate: State Islamic University, Jakarta, Indonesia (1994)
Masters: The University of Chicago, USA (1989)
PhD: The University of Chicago, USA (1996)
Islamic Education and
Google Scholar h-index
Google Scholar i10-index
1. Agus S, Djamil & Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2017), 'The Philosophy of Oceanic Verses of the Qur'an and Its Relevance to Indonesia Context" in Analisa: Journal of Social Science and Religion, Vol. 02 No 1, July 2017, pp. 104-121.
2. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2017), Lentera Kehidupan: Panduan Memahami Tuhan, Alam dan Manusia, Bandung, Mizan.
3. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2016). "Epistemologi Qur'ani," in Al-Quran & Sains, edited by A Baharuddin and N Awang, Kuala Lumpur: Penerbit IKIM.1. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2014). Essentials of Islamic Epistemology, Brunei: UBD.
4. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2016). "Rumi on the Living Earth: A Sufi Perspective" in Islamic Perspectives on Science and Technology Singapore, edited by M H Kamali et al., Singapore: Springer.
5. Mulyadhi Kartanegara & Huda, M. (Jan 2016). Constructing Civil Society in Islamic perspective, Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences.
1. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2017), Lentera Kehidupan: Panduan Memahami Tuhan, Alam dan Manusia. Bandung: Mizan.
2. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2014), Essentials of Islamic Epistemology, Brunei: UBD Press.
3. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2007), Menyelami Lubuk Tasawuf, Jakarta: Erlangga.
4. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2007), Mengislamkan Nalar: Sebuah Respons terhadap Modernitas, Jakarta: Erlangga.
5. Mulyadhi Kartanegara (2005), Integrasi Ilmu: Sebuah Rekonstruksi Holistik, Bandung: Arasy.