Professor, UBD School of Business and Economics
BA in Economics and in Mathematics, San Diego State University
Ph.D. University of Michigan (Economics)
Former affiliations include:
San Diego State University (Assistant Professor of Economics)
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA (Professor of Economics)
Tsukuba University, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan (Professor of Economics)
Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan (Professor of Economics): Kyoto Institute of Economic Research
Ritsumeikan University (Professor of Economics)
Economic Theory (Micro and Macro)
Applied Game Theory
Economics and Sociology
Economics and Ethics
1. Hiroaki Hayakawa and Yiannis P. Venieris, Consumer Interdependence via Reference Groups, with an addendum of afterthought. In Shinsuke Ikeda, Hideaki Kiyoshi Kato,
Fumio Ohtake, and Yashiro Tsutsui (eds.), Behavioral Interactions, Markets, and Economic Dynamics, Springer 2016: 81-99. Affiliation: UBD
2. Hiroaki Hayakawa, Bounded Rationality, Social and Cultural Norms, and Interdependence via Reference Groups, with an addendum of afterthought and possible extensions.
In Shinsuke Ikeda, Hideaki Kiyoshi Kato, Fumio Ohtake, and Yashiro Tsutsui (eds.), Behavioral Interactions, Markets, and Economic Dynamics, Springer 2016: 101-138.
3. Hiroaki Hayakawa, Health-conscious consumer behavior. Eurasian Economic Review, 59, 2016 (Fall): 1-31. DOI 10.1007/s40822-016-0059-4. Eurasian Economic Review 7
(Number 1, April 2017), pp. 1-31.
4. Hiroaki Hayakawa, “The theory of the firm: An extension with primary factors of production and procurement of ingredient inputs.” Journal of Economics and Political
Economy Vol. 3, No. 3 (September 2016): 418-439.
5. Hayakawa, H., Socio-cultural evolution, institutionalized dispositions, and rational expressive behavior, Journal of Economic and Social Thought,Vol. 4, Issue 1, March 2017: 1-40.
6. Hiroaki Hayakawa, The tragedy of the commons: Logic of entry and dynamics of open access under two scenarios, Eurasian Economic Review, published on line, June 24, 2017.
DOI 10.1007/s40822-017-0076-y. Eurasian Economic Review 7 (Number 3, December 2017): 311-328.
7. Hiroaki Hayakawa and Yiannis P. Venieris, The Invisible Hand of Rent-Seeking: Capitalism, Democracy and the Budget Deficits, Journal of Reviews on Global Economics 2017, 6, 380-
1. Hayakawa, H. and Y. P. Venieris, "Consumer Interdependence via Reference Groups," Journal of Political Economy 85 (June 1977), pp. 599-615.
2. Hayakawa, H., "Balance Sheet Identity and Walras' Law," Journal of Economic Theory 34 (October 1984), pp. 187-202.
3. Hayakawa, H., "A Dynamic Generalization of the Tobin Model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 7 (September 1984), pp. 209-231.
4. Hayakawa, H., "Intertemporal Optimization and Neutrality of Money in Growth Models, Journal of Monetary Economics 18 (September 1986), pp. 323-328.
5. Hayakawa, H., "Bounded rationality, social and cultural norms, and interdependence via reference groups," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 43 (August 2000):