Assistant Professor, Faculty of Science
Dr Leong completed her PhD in Statistics and Applied Probability in 2014 at University of California, Santa Barbara where her studies focused on survival analysis. Survival analysis is generally defined as a set of methods for analyzing data where the outcome variable is the time until the occurrence of an event of interest, such as death, occurrence of a disease, marriage, divorce, etc. Her other research interests include work on biostatistics and applied statistics.
PhD in Statistics and Applied Probability, University of California, Santa Barbara, 2009-2014
MA in Statistics, University of California, 2009-2011
MSc in Statistics, University of Manchester, 2006-2007
BSc in Mathematics, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, 2001-2005
- F Madli, E Leong, SK Ong, E Lim, KA Tengah. Predictive factors associated with survival rate of cervical cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam. 2019; 15: 125-132. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337363241_Predictive_factors_associated_with_survival_rate_of_cervical_cancer_patients_in_Brunei_Darussalam
- Leong E, Ong SK, Madli F. Five-year survival rate of breast cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam. Brunei International Medical Journal. 2019; 15:73-81. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/334509331_Five-year_survival_rate_of_breast_cancer_patients_in_Brunei_Darussalam
- S.R. Jammalamadaka and Leong, E. Analysis of discrete lifetime data under middle-censoring and in the presence of covariates, Journal of Applied Statistics, 42(4), 2015, pp. 905-913. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/271329012_Analysis_of_discrete_lifetime_data_under_middle-censoring_and_in_the_presence_of_covariates
- Leong, Elvynna. Middle censoring in the presence of covariates, University of California, Santa Barbara, ProQuest, UMI Dissertations Publishing, 2014. Available at https://www.alexandria.ucsb.edu/downloads/hm50tr972
- Tan A, Shahrill M, Daud S, Leong E. Trends in currency's return. IOP Conference Series: Material Science and Engineering. 2018; 22-29. Available at https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1757-899X/332/1/012001/meta
- GLL Chua, KA Tengah, M Shahrill, A Tan, E Leong, "Analysing Students’ Perspectives on Geometry Learning from the Combination of van Hiele Phase-Based Instructions and Geogebra", in 3rd International Conference on Education 2017 (ICEDU 2017), “Models of Global Education and Education Mobility for the 2020’s”, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 20-22, 2017.
Project collaboration with Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam.