Assistant Professor, Faculty of Science
Dr Leong completed her PhD in Statistics and Applied Probability in 2014 at University of California, Santa Barbara where her research focused on survival analysis. Her other research interests include work on cancer statistics, middle censoring, education and applied statistics.
PhD in Statistics and Applied Probability, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
1. GBD 2019 Adolescent Young Adult Cancer Collaborators (2022). The global burden of adolescent and young adult cancer in 2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. The Lancet Oncology, 23(1): 27-52.
2. Jamil H, Ramli HM, Leong E (2022). Advocating blended learning for university undergraduate level mathematical instruction beyond COVID-19. Engineering and Sciences Teaching and Learning Activities, 33-45.
3. Global Burden of Disease 2019 Cancer Collaboration (2021). Cancer Incidence, Mortality, Years of Life Lost, Years Lived With Disability, and Disability-Adjusted Life Years for 29 Cancer Groups From 2010 to 2019. A Systematic Analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. JAMA Oncol. doi:10.1001/jamaoncol.2021.6987
4. GBD 2019 Respiratory Tract Cancers Collaborators (2021). Global, regional, and national burden of respiratory tract cancers and associated risk factors from 1990 to 2019: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019, The Lancet Respiratory Medicine, 9(9), 1030-1049. Available at https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2213260021001648
5. Lee SHF, Rahman HA, Abidin A, Ong SK, Leong E, Naing L (2021). Survival of colorectal cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam: Comparison between 2002–09 and 2010–17, BMC Cancer, 21: 477. Available at https://bmccancer.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12885-021-08224-6
6. Leong E, Ong SK, Jali F, Ramlee N (2020). Childhood Cancer Survival in Brunei Darussalam, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 21(11): 3259-3266. Available at http://journal.waocp.org/article_89346_bac0078600a8e5ab3741ce1b68e071c6.pdf
7. Chong VH, Kadir L, Kamis Z, Kassim N, Khalil MAM, Tan J, Leong E, Ong SK, Chong CF (2020). Factors Associated with participation in stool based colorectal screening in Brunei Darussalam. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 21(8): 2231-2236. Available at http://journal.waocp.org/article_89211_ab403cbd29eba6e32437235623b67062.pdf
8. Leong E, Ong SK, Madli F, Tan A, Lai D, Basir N, Ramlee N, Chong VH (2020). Survival Rates and Associated Factors of Colorectal Cancer Patients in Brunei Darussalam, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, 21: 259-265. Available at http://journal.waocp.org/article_88914_3069113c0ed8ae66f5aac02e36cc7595.pdf
9. F Madli, E Leong, SK Ong, E Lim, KA Tengah (2019). Predictive factors associated with survival rate of cervical cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam. Brunei International Medical Journal, 15, 125-132. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337363241_Predictive_factors_associated_with_survival_rate_of_cervical_cancer_patients_in_Brunei_Darussalam
10. Leong E, Ong SK, Madli F (2019). Five-year survival rate of breast cancer patients in Brunei Darussalam. Brunei International Medical Journal, 15, 73-81. Available at https://www.researchgate.net/publication/334509331_Five-year_survival_rate_of_breast_cancer_patients_in_Brunei_Darussalam
Principal Investigator for faculty grant entitled "Survival analysis of childhood cancer in Brunei Darussalam". Awarded in May 2020.
- Project collaboration with Ministry of Health, Brunei Darussalam.
- Global Burden of Disease (GBD) Collaborator Network
- The Asia Cohort Consortium member