Professor, Centre for Advanced Material and Energy Sciences
Yuan-Fong Chou Chau
1. Employment history
(1) Senior researcher (1992/02/01-2003/07/01), Chung Shan Institute of Science and Technology, Taiwan
(2) Assistant Professor (2004/08/01-2005/07/31), Department of Electrical Engineering, Lee Min institute of technology, Taiwan
(3) Assistant Professor (2005/08/01-2008/07/31), Department of Electronic Engineering, CYU, Taiwan
(4) Associate Professor (2008/08/01-2012/07/31), Department of Electronic Engineering, Ching Yun university (CYU), Taiwan
(5) Professor (2012/08/01-2015/06/30), director, Department of Electronic Engineering, Chien Hsin University of Science and Technology (CHUST), Taiwan
(6) Associate Professor (2015/07/07-2018/12/07), Centre for Advanced Material and Energy Sciences (CAMES), Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
(7) Professor (2018/12/08-), Centre for Advanced Material and Energy Sciences (CAMES), Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
2. Major areas of research:
Nanophotonics in the context of simulation, design, measurement, and precision fabrication.
(1) Doctor of Philosophy (Department of Electrophysics, Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, R.O.C.,2001/09-2004/0707/2004)
(2) Master of Science (Department of Physics, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, R.O.C., 1999/09-2001/06)
(3) Master of Engineering (Department of Electronic Engineering, Chung Chein Institude of Techonology, Taiwan, R.O.C.,1988/09-1990/06)
(4) Bachelor of Science (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chinese Military Academy (Taiwan), Taiwan, R.O.C.,1981/09-1985/07)
Nanophotonics (experiment, fabrication, and simulation), Electromagnetic field simulation, Plasmonic Photocatalytic application, Metamaterials, Nonlinear Optics, Biophotonics, Near-field optics, Plasmonics, Photonic crystals and related applications, and Fiber optics.
01/04/2022-31/03/2023, UBD/RSCH/1.9/FICBF(b)/2022/018: Fabrication and characterization a high sensitivity of hybrid nanohole Arrays by metal nanoparticle, BN$ 25,000.0 (P I)
01/05/2021-30/04/2022) UBD/RSCH/1.9/FICBF(b)/2021/009: Matal Enhanced Fluorescence based on hyperbolic metamaterials substrate with gold BN$ 25,000.0 (PI)
01/12/2019-31/11/2020,FIC Research grant application in Universiti Brunei Darrassalam (Grant Ref No.: UBD/RSCH/1.9/FICBF(b)/2019/006, Title: Nano structure fabrication using plasmonic enhanced E-fields), BN$ 65,300.00 (P I)
01/01/2017-31/12/2018,University research grant in Universiti Brunei Darrassalam (Grant Ref No.: UBD/OVACRI/CRGWG(004)/170101, Title: Investigation of Hybrid Plasmonic Nanostructures for Water Purification and Nanophotonic Devices), BN$ 71,000.0 (P I)
01/01/2016~31/12/2017”Numerical design of the nanoplasmonic metamaterials for applications on light manipulation and energy harvest,” Grant No. UBD-ORI-URC-RG331-U01, UBD (BND$ 20,000) (P I)
01/08/2014~31/05/2015, “Design of a high sensitivity biosensor in silver nanoshell structures,” Grant No. NSC-103-2112-M-231-001-, Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan (NT$910,000) (P I)
01/08/2013~31/07/2014, “Characterization and study of localized surface plasmon resonance on relating nanophotonic devices,” Grant No. NSC-102-2112-M-231-001-, Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan (NT$599,000) (P I)
01/08/20010~07/31/2013, “Studies and applications of surface plasmon effects on solar cells,” Grant No. NSC-99-2112-M-231-001-MY3, Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan (NT$1,668,000) (P I)
01/08/2007~07/31/2010, “The fundamental study and application of efficient beaming, directional emission and beam splitter from photonic crystal waveguides,” Grant No. NSC-96-2112-M-231-001-MY3, Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan (NT$1,370,000) (P I)
01/08/2006~31/07/2007 “The analysis of two and three dimensional super-resolution near-field structure near-field optical disk,” Grant No. NSC-95-2112-M-231-001-, Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan (NT$3,17,000) (P I)
1/01/2005-31/07/2006, "The study of some characteristics in photonic crystal using near-field optics,” Grant No. NSC-94-2112-M-231-001- Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan,(NT$4,10,800) (P I)
1.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M502841 (2015/06/11~2024/09/04), Taiwan patent, "Metal shell nanorods detection device"
2.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M498390 (2015/04/01~2024/10/16), Taiwan patent, "Cavity type nanoantenna"
3.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M496768 (2015/03/11~2024/09/18), Taiwan patent, "Photonic crystal fiber structure with circular air-holes in core and elliptical air-holes in cladding"
4.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, Chung-Tin Chou Chao, M495897 (2015/02/21~2024/1/08), Taiwan patent, "TiO2 photocatalytics with Ag nanoring"
5.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M494339, (2015/01/21~2024/10/13), Taiwan patent, "Plasmonic nanocavity"
6.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M492545 (2015/01/21~2024/10/08), "Nanometal (gold) bow-tie antenna"
7.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M493222 (2015/01/01~2024/10/08), "Plasmonic waveguide with nanoring arrays"
8.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M484112 (2014/08/11~2024/04/24), "Birefringence photonic crystal fiber"
9.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M464670 (2013/11/01~2023/05/02), "S-type optical waveguide"
10.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M461065 (2013/11/01~2023/07/03), "Air-holes birefringence photonic crystal fiber"
11.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M497280 (2013/09/01~2023/01/17), Taiwan patent, "Photonic crystals equal power beam splitter"
12.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M432840 (2013/03/11~2022/09/13), "Cavity resonance waveguide with Ag nanoshell rod"
13.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau et. al., M448404 (2012/07/01~2021/06/01), "Automatic starter device circuit of directing light in the vehicle"
14.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, I366691 (2012/06/21~2028/04//09), "Rotational air-hole photonic crystal fiber"
15.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M432041 (2012/06/21~2021/06/01), "Ultrahigh photonic crystal bandgap structure"
16.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M417560 (2011/12/01~2021/06/01), "Ultrahigh birefringence improved photonic crystal fiber"
17.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, T. -J. Yang, D. P. Tsai, I267655 (2006/12/01~2025/08/02), "Near-field optical fiber"
18.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, T. -J. Yang, W. D. Lee, I250675 (2006/03/01~2025/06/16), "Photonic Crystal waveguide structure"
Instrument Technology Research Center, National Applied Research Laboratories, Taiwan
System manufacture center (1992-2004)
Academic editor of (1) Chinese current nanoscience, (3) Internal Journal of Optics and (2) PLOS ONE