Professor, Centre for Advanced Material and Energy Sciences
Yuan-Fong Chou Chau
1. Employment history
(1) Senior researcher (1992/02/01-2003/07/01), Chung Shan Institute of Science and Technology, Taiwan
(2) Assistant Professor (2004/08/01-2005/07/31), Department of Electrical Engineering, Lee Min institute of technology, Taiwan
(3) Assistant Professor (2005/08/01-2008/07/31), Department of Electronic Engineering, CYU, Taiwan
(4) Associate Professor (2008/08/01-2012/07/31), Department of Electronic Engineering, Ching Yun university (CYU), Taiwan
(5) Professor (2012/08/01-2015/06/30), director, Department of Electronic Engineering, Chien Hsin University of Science and Technology (CHUST), Taiwan
(6) Associate Professor (2015/07/07-2018/12/07), Centre for Advanced Material and Energy Sciences (CAMES), Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
(7) Professor (2018/12/08-), Centre for Advanced Material and Energy Sciences (CAMES), Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
2. Major areas of research:
Nanophotonics in the context of simulation, design, measurement, and precision fabrication.
(1) Doctor of Philosophy (Department of Electrophysics, Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, R.O.C.,2001/09-2004/0707/2004)
(2) Master of Science (Department of Physics, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, R.O.C., 1999/09-2001/06)
(3) Master of Engineering (Department of Electronic Engineering, Chung Chein Institude of Techonology, Taiwan, R.O.C.,1988/09-1990/06)
(4) Bachelor of Science (Department of Electrical Engineering, Chinese Military Academy (Taiwan), Taiwan, R.O.C.,1981/09-1985/07)
Nanophotonics (experiment, fabrication, and simulation), Electromagnetic field simulation, Plasmonic Photocatalytic application, Metamaterials, Biophotonics, Near-field optics, Plasmonics, Photonic crystals and related applications, and Fiber optics.
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar h-index
Google Scholar i10-index
1. Yuan-Fong Chou Chau et al., Enhanced photoluminescence of DCJTB with ordered Ag-SiO2 core-shell nanostructuresvia nanosphere lithography, Results in Physics, 103168 (2020)
2.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau et al., Ultrawide Bandgap and High Sensitivity of a Plasmonic Metal-Insulator-Metal Waveguide Filter with Cavity and Baffles. Nanomaterials , 10, 2030 (2020).
3.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau et al., Ultra-broad bandgap metal-insulator-metal waveguide filter with symmetrical stubs and defects, Results in Physics, 17, 103116 (2020)
4.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau et al., Perfect Dual-Band Absorber Based on Plasmonic Effect with the Cross-Hair/Nanorod Combination, Nanomaterials 10 (3), 493(2020)
5.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, Mid-infrared sensing properties of a plasmonic metalâ€“insulatorâ€“metal waveguide with a single stub including defects, Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics 53 (11), 115401 (2020)
1.YF Chou Chau et al., Fabrication and characterization of a metallicâ€“dielectric nanorod array by nanosphere lithography for plasmonic sensing application, Nanomaterials, 2020, 9, 1691.
2.YF Chou Chau, Mid-infrared sensing properties of a plasmonic metalâ€“insulatorâ€“metal waveguide with a single stub including defects, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 2020, 53, 115401
3.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau et al., Enhanced photoluminescence of DCJTB with ordered Ag-SiO2 core-shell nanostructures via nanosphere lithography, Results in Physics, 103168 (2020)
4.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, Plasmonic Effects in the Enclosed and Opened Metallodielectric Nanostructures, Optics Communications 450, 180-189 (2019)
5. YF Chou Chau et al., Simultaneous realization of high sensing sensitivity and tunability in plasmonic nanostructures arrays, Scientific reports 7 (1), 1-11 (2017)
(1) Numerical design of the nanoplasmonic metamaterials for applications on light manipulation and energy harvest (PI) 2016/01/01~2017/12/31 Grant No. UBD-ORI-URC-RG331-U01 (BND$ 20,000) UBD
(2) Investigation of Hybrid Plasmonic Nanostructures for Water Purification and Nanophotonic Devices (PI) 2017/01/01~2018/12/31 Grant No. UBD/OVACRI/CRGWG(004)/170101 (BND $71,000) UBD
(3)Nanostructure Fabrication using Plasmonic Enhanced E-Fields (PI) 2019/12/31-2021/02/28 Grant No. UBD/RSCH/1.9/FICBF(b)/2019/006 (BND $65,300) UBD
(4) Design of a high sensitivity biosensor in silver nanoshell structures (PI) 2014/08/01~2015/0531 Grant no. 103-2112-M-231-001-(NT$910,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(5) Characterization and study of localized surface plasmon resonance on relating nanophotonic devices (PI) 2013/08/01~2014/07/31 NSC-102-2112-M-231-001-(NT$599,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(6) Studies and applications of surface plasmon effects on solar cells (PI) 2010/08/01~2013/07/31 Grant no. NSC-99-2112-M-231-001-MY3(NT$3,063,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(7) Study on the efficiency promotion and integration applications of the green photonic components and system (Co-PI) 2011/08/01~2014/07/31 Grant no. NSC-100-2632-E-231-001-MY3 (NT$15,000,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(8) Development and applications of green plasmonics (Co-PI) 2010/08/01~2013/07/31 Grant no. NSC-101-2120-M-002-004- (NT$45,000,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(9) Investigation of light harvest and emission on plasmonic nanostructure of matamaterials (Co-PI) 2007/08/01~2010/07/31 Grant no. NSC-96-2112-M-231-001-MY3 (NT$45,000,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(10) The fundamental study and application of efficient beaming, directional emission and beam splitter from photonic crystal waveguides (PI) 2007/08/01~2010/07/31 Grant no. NSC-96-2112-M-231-001-MY3 (NT$1,370,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(11) The analysis of two and three dimensional super-resolution near-field structure near-field optical disk (PI) 2006/08/01~2007/07/31 Grant no. NSC-95-2112-M-231-001- (NT$3,17,000) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
(12) The study of some characteristics in photonic crystal using near-field optics (PI) 2005/01/01~2006/07/31 Grant no. NSC-94-2112-M-231-001-(NT$4,10,800) Ministry of Science and technology of Taiwan
1.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M502841 (2015/06/11~2024/09/04), Taiwan patent, "Metal shell nanorods detection device"
2.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M498390 (2015/04/01~2024/10/16), Taiwan patent, "Cavity type nanoantenna"
3.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M496768 (2015/03/11~2024/09/18), Taiwan patent, "Photonic crystal fiber structure with circular air-holes in core and elliptical air-holes in cladding"
4.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, Chung-Tin Chou Chao, M495897 (2015/02/21~2024/1/08), Taiwan patent, "TiO2 photocatalytics with Ag nanoring"
5.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M494339, (2015/01/21~2024/10/13), Taiwan patent, "Plasmonic nanocavity"
6.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M492545 (2015/01/21~2024/10/08), "Nanometal (gold) bow-tie antenna"
7.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M493222 (2015/01/01~2024/10/08), "Plasmonic waveguide with nanoring arrays"
8.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M484112 (2014/08/11~2024/04/24), "Birefringence photonic crystal fiber"
9.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M464670 (2013/11/01~2023/05/02), "S-type optical waveguide"
10.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M461065 (2013/11/01~2023/07/03), "Air-holes birefringence photonic crystal fiber"
11.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M497280 (2013/09/01~2023/01/17), Taiwan patent, "Photonic crystals equal power beam splitter"
12.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M432840 (2013/03/11~2022/09/13), "Cavity resonance waveguide with Ag nanoshell rod"
13.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau et. al., M448404 (2012/07/01~2021/06/01), "Automatic starter device circuit of directing light in the vehicle"
14.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, I366691 (2012/06/21~2028/04//09), "Rotational air-hole photonic crystal fiber"
15.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M432041 (2012/06/21~2021/06/01), "Ultrahigh photonic crystal bandgap structure"
16.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, M417560 (2011/12/01~2021/06/01), "Ultrahigh birefringence improved photonic crystal fiber"
17.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, T. -J. Yang, D. P. Tsai, I267655 (2006/12/01~2025/08/02), "Near-field optical fiber"
18.Yuan-Fong Chou Chau, T. -J. Yang, W. D. Lee, I250675 (2006/03/01~2025/06/16), "Photonic Crystal waveguide structure"
Instrument Technology Research Center, National Applied Research Laboratories, Taiwan
System manufacture center (1992-2004)
Academic editor of (1) Chinese current nanoscience, and (2) PLOS ONE