Senior Assistant Professor, UBD School of Business and Economics and Deputy Director, Institute of Policy Studies
Anshari has been named on the Stanford University List of Top 2% World Researchers in 2022 for the categories of ICT, Business & Management. After completing his PhD, he worked as a research fellow at National Taiwan University, and a researcher at UIN Sunan Kalijaga Jogjakarta, Indonesia. Before that, he did a research fellowship in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia at King Saud University in 2009. Details of his research interests are as below.
Bachelor of Management Information Systems (BMIS - Hons), International Islamic University Malaysia
Master of IT (E-Business), James Cook University, Australia
PhD in Business Administration, Universiti Brunei Darussalam
Business Information Systems
E-Health & Mobile Health
Digital Business & Social Computing
Big data in business
ICT & Area Studies (ASEAN/Borneo)
ICT in Education
Business Information Systems and Covid-19 Pandemic; Fourth Industrial Revolution; Mobile Health and Future Direction;
In 2015, UN member states agreed to 17 global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all. Anshari’s work contributes towards the following SDG(s): GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure & GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality on the research of digital inclusion and financial inclusion.
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar h-index
Google Scholar i10-index
MA Juna, M Anshari, N Ahmad, M Hamdan. [In Press] Working from Home, Covid-19, and Multi-Dimensional Model of Well-Being Theory, International Journal of Work Organisation and Emotion. [Scopus & ABDC Ranked B].
MZL Zainurin, M Masri, MHA Besar, M Anshari. [In Press] Towards an understanding of Metaverse Banking: A Conceptual Paper, Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting. [Emerald Scopus Q2, ABDC indexed].
Siti Fatimahwati Pehin Dato Musa; Mohd Hairul Azrin Besar; Muhammad Anshari. [In Press] COVID-19, Local Food System and Digitalisation of the Agri-Food Sector, Journal of Indian Business Research [Emerald Scopus Q2, ABDC indexed].
[Patent Impact] - Anshari, M., Almunawar, M.N. Lim, S.A., Almudimigh, A. (2019). Customer relationship management and big data-enabled: Personalization & customization of services. Applied Computing and Informatics, Elsevier 15(2), 94-101 [Scopus Q1 in Information System, this research has been acknowledged and cited at US Patent 2021, No. 10,999,416].
Faculty Block Grant, UBD. Ref. No.: UBD/RSCH/1.8/FICBF(b)/2020/006 Title: Financial Technology (FinTech) Assessment in ASEAN: Crowdfunding and Payment System. (Principal Investigator)
Faculty Block Grant, UBD. Ref. No.: UBD/RSCH/1.8/FICBF(b)/2018/003 Title: Business Models of Digital Marketplace in ASEAN. (Co-Investigator)
UBD Research Grant Ref. No.: UBD/ORI/URC/RG336/U01 Title: Big Data Application in the E-Government Initiative: Feasibility Studies (Principal Investigator)
Taiwan Research Fellowship No.: MOFATF2014035 Title: Consumers' Empowerment in E-Health Systems; Host Institution: National Taiwan University (Principal Investigator)
King Saud University; Customer Relationship Management in Banking Sector, 2008 (Principal Investigator)
Current Command Staff Course - Graduate Diploma in Security Studies
1. Major Muhammad Muneer bin Haji Muhammad Taib - The repercussions of the evolution of grey-area threats to Brunei’s defence and security apparatus [Tentative Title]
2. Major Aldi Alauddin Pattiroei - Defence policy for preparing future security environment [Tentative Title]
Past CSS Consultation
1. Lieutenant Colonel Dai Jing - How Should Southeast Asian Militaries Harness Artificial Intelligence?
2. Lieutenant Commander Anusorn Swasdee - A Review of Artificial Intelligence, Remote Sensing, and Big Data for Solving ASEAN’s Problems [Scopus Indexed]
3. Lt. Col. (Pilot) Frederick DC Pacia - Deploying Artificial Intelligence in Military: Case of Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAV)
4. Major (Pilot) Mohammad Azmi - The challenges of achieving security in space
5. Major Haji Hazimin - The procurement of drones as a cost-effective opportunity to redress RBAF capability gaps [ IEEE - Scopus Indexed 2021]
Master of Defence & Security Studies
1. Lieutenant Colonel Fakhrul - Royal Brunei Land Forces' readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution: A Case Study
Degree Research Exercise
1. Muhamad Azuwan Juna - Opportunities and Challenges of Working From Home Post Covid 19 [in final process - Scopus indexed]
2. Hon Lee Wei - Looking into consumers’ perspective: How social media influences the behaviour of Bruneian on buying consumable goods?
3. Siti Nadhirah - Impacts of Social Media as a business platform: A case of Entrepreneurship in Brunei Darussalam
4. Siti NurulJannah - Developing digital ecosystem for a digital wallet in Brunei
5. Iffah Haziyah @ Hanna Ainina binti Rumaizi- Assessing the motivations of digital wallets among millennials
6. Fakhrus Syazwan - BruHIMS and Customer Service : CRM 2.0 Analysis
7. Ahmad Zaimi Fa’aiz - CRM Strategies in Banking Sectors of Brunei Darussalam
Master of Management - Research Exercise
1. Muhammad Azmi Sait - Assessing Brunei Darussalam Public and Private Sector Readiness Towards Big Data Application [in Press - Scopus Indexed]
- Industrial Revolution 4.0: A New Challenge to Brunei Darussalam's Unemployment Issue [Scopus Indexed]
1. Muhammad Azmi bin Sait - Investigating Antecedents to e-Wallet Adoption Case: Brunei Darussalam
2. Capt. Haji Mohammad Amirul Shahnoel - The Impact of IR4.0 on the Socio-Innovation System & the Future of Jobs in Brunei Darussalam
3. Abubakar Mukhtar Yakasai - Integrated Model of Intention to Use and Actual Online Shopping Use Behaviour among Nigerian Consumers
4. Mohammad Alif Azizi bin Haji Abdullah - Digital ecosystem: Framework to measure ecosystem health
5. Zuraihan Binti Haji Masri - A study on the Impact of Digital transformation on Organizational performance: From the perspective of Brunei Darussalam
6. Muhammad Zekree Leong Bin Zainurin - Performance Management and Industry 4.0
7. Dwi Kartikasari - Cross Border E-Commerce
Research Consultancy - Imagine Sdn Bhd - Digital Inclusion and ICT Usage
Research Consultancy - AITI - ICT Survey on Individual, Household and Business 2018
IT Business Analyst - Astra International
Research Sharing and Presentation
1. Panel Presenter on Industrial Revolution 4.0, Persidangan Perkhidmatan Awam, Sempena Hari Perkhidmatan Awam Kali ke-26 Negara Brunei Darussalam, Prime Minister Office, 19 November 2019.
2. The Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic, "Factors Influencing Individual in Adopting e-Wallet", The 9th International Conference on Information Communication & Management (ICICM 2019), 23-26 August 2019.
3. ASEAN Regional Workshop at Bangkok Thailand on â€œClimate Finance: GCF Concept Note Write-shop, "Transforming from Trash to Cash: Digital Wallet & Changing People Behavior". 10-12 September 2019, (Best concept-paper).
4. Nagoya University, Japan, "Digital Marketplace and FinTech to Support Agriculture Sustainability". 4th International Conference on Renewable Energy and Development, Sept 19-21, 2018.
5. University of Macau, China, "Big data and Open Government Data in Public Services Knowledge". 2018 International Conference on Big Data Management, 26-28 Feb 2018.
6. Binus University, Indonesia, "Big Data in Healthcare for Personalization Customization of Healthcare Services", International Conference on Information Management and Technology (ICIMTech), 2019.
7. Universitas Sriwijaya, Indonesia, "Expending Technique Cryptography for Plaintext Messages by Modifying Playfair Cipher Algorithm with Matrix 5 x 19", 3rd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (ICECOS), OCTOBER 02-04, 2019. (Best Paper)
8. International Postgraduate Networks (IPN) at Hat Yai Thailand, "Customer Relationship Management with Big Data Enabled in Banking Sector", 22 â€“ 23 April 2016.
9. Universitas Yudharta Pasuruan, Indonesia, " ICT ASEAN Index Readiness", International Seminar Arah Kebijakan Ekonomi di Era ASEAN Economic Community, May 2, 2016.
10. Chulalongkorn University Bangkok Thailand, "Big Data Era: Big Challenges for ASEAN Economic Community". International Conference on ASEAN Studies 2 (ICONAS 2), 3-5 August 2015. (Best paper - won prize USD 1000)
11. Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta Indonesia, "Shifting Role of Customers from Recipient to Partner of Care in Healthcare Organization". The 13th ASEAN Graduate Business, Economic Program (AGBEP) Network, April 2, 2013, (Best paper - Prize 1 Million Indonesian Rupiah)
12. National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taipei - Taiwan, "Modeling patient empowerment in healthcare organization through cloud computing", The Fourteenth International Conference on Electronic Business, 8-12 December 2014.
13. Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia, "Crafting Strategies of Patient Empowerment in E-Health System: CRM 2.0", Research Sharing at Faculty of Computer and Information Technology, 2014.