Muhammad Anshari is researcher and lecturer. He received his BMIS (Hons) from International Islamic University Malaysia, his Master of IT (E-Business) from James Cook University Australia, and his PhD program from Universiti Brunei Darussalam. His professional experience started when he was IT Business Analyst at Astra International. Research Fellowship from The Government Republic of China (Taiwan) at National Taiwan University 2014. Research Fellowship from King Saud University The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2009. Best Paper and Presenter Award International Conference on ASEAN Studies 2 (ICONAS2) at Chulalongkorn University Bangkok Thailand 2015. Best Paper and Presenter Award, ASEAN Graduate Business Economic Programs Doctoral Colloquium April 2013, at Gadjah Mada University Indonesia. Recipient of Graduate Research Scholarship PhD program at UBD under supervision Dr Mohammad Nabil Almunawar. Reviewer for Journal of Applied Clinical Informatics (an official journal of the International Medical Informatics Association), Education & Information Technologies (Springer), Computers in Human Behavior (Elsevier), Journal of Information Development (SAGE), Health Promotion Journal of Australia, PLoS ONE.
Big data in business, Mobile Health, ICT & Area Studies (ASEAN), ICT in Education, Internet of Things (IoT) in Business
1. Anshari, M., et.al. (2017). Smartphones usage in the classrooms: Learning aid or interference?. Education and Information Technologies. DOI: 10.1007/s10639-017-9572-7. [Springer – Q1 Scopus Indexed in Information Sciences]
2. Anshari, M., et.al (2016). Smartphone habit and behaviour in Brunei: personalization, gender, and generation gap. Computers in Human Behaviour. Vol. 64 (2016) 719-727. DOI. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.07.063. [Elsevier - Q1 Scopus Indexed in Computer Science].
3. Anshari, M., Alas, Y., & Guan, L. S. (2016). Developing online learning resources: Big data, social networks, and cloud computing to support pervasive knowledge. Education and Information Technologies, Springer 1-15. DOI: 10.1007/s10639-015-9407-3. [Springer - Q1 Scopus in Information Sciences]
4. Almunawar, M.N., Susanto, H., and Anshari, M. (2013). A Cultural Transferability on IT Business Application: iReservation System, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, Vol. 4 (2) p. 155-176. [Emerald – Q1 Scopus indexed in Information Systems, Tourism, & Hospitality Management]
5. Anshari, M. & Lim, S.A. (2016). E-Government with Big Data Enabled through Smartphone for Public Services: Possibilities & Challenges. International Journal of Public Administration, p. 1- 16. [Taylor & Francis – Q2 Scopus indexed in Business & International Management].
6. Alas, Y., Anshari, M., Sabtu, N.I., & Yunus, N.M., (2016). Second-Chance University Admission, the Theory of Planned Behaviour and Student Achievement. International Review of Education. Vol. 62 (3). P. 299 – 316. DOI: 10.1007/s11159-016-9558-5 [Springer – Q2 Scopus & ISI Indexed in Education & E-Learning].
7. Anshari, M., & Alas, Y. (2015). Smartphones Habits, Necessities, and Big Data Challenges. Journal of High Technology Management Research. 26 (2): 177-185. Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.hitech.2015.09.005. [Elsevier – Q2 Scopus Indexed in Management of Technology & Innovation].
8. Anshari, M., & Almunawar, M. N. (2015). Designing Role of Online Health Educators in Healthcare Services. Journal of evidence-informed social work, 12 (2), p. 220-236. [Taylor & Francis – Q2 Scopus, Medline, PubMed in Medicine]
9. Almunawar, M.N., Anshari, M. & Younis, M. Z. & Kiza, A. (2015). Electronic Health Object: Transforming Static to Interactive and Extensible Healthcare Systems. Inquiry: The Journal of Healthcare Organization, Provision, & Financing. Vol. 52. DOI; 10.1177/0046958015618665. [SAGE - Q2 Scopus Indexed in Healthcare Management].
10. Anshari, M., Alas, Y., & Guan, L. S. (2015). Pervasive Knowledge, Social Networks, and Cloud Computing: E-Learning 2.0. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, 2015, 11 (5), p.909-921. DOI: 10.12973/eurasia.2015.1360a. [Moment Publications - Q2 Scopus indexed in Education]
11. Almunawar, M.N., Anshari, M., Susanto, H., (2012). Crafting strategies for sustainability: how travel agents should react in facing a disintermediation. Operational Research. DOI 10.1007/s12351-012-0129-7, p. 27. [Springer – Q2 Scopus indexed in Strategy & Management]
UBD Research Grant Ref. No.: UBD/ORI/URC/RG336/U01 Title: Big Data Applciation in the E-Government Initiative: Feasibility Studies
E-health research collaboration with Jackson State University, USA
Mobile commerce research collaboration with Binus University Indonesia
Total Publications: 30
1. Big data: Concept, applications, & challenges, Proceedings of 2016 International Conference on Information Management and Technology, ICIMTech 2016
2. Smartphones usage in the classrooms: Learning aid or interference?, Education and Information Technologies
3. Smartphone habits among youth: Uses and gratification theory, International Journal of Cyber Behavior, Psychology and Learning
4. E-Government with Big Data Enabled through Smartphone for Public Services: Possibilities and Challenges, International Journal of Public Administration
5. Developing online learning resources: Big data, social networks, and cloud computing to support pervasive knowledge, Education and Information Technologies
6. Smartphone habit and behavior in Brunei: Personalization, gender, and generation gap, Computers in Human Behavior
7. Innovative teaching in higher education: The big data approach, Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology
8. Second-chance university admission, the theory of planned behaviour and student achievement, International Review of Education
9. Performance measurement of project management by using FANP Balanced ScoreCard, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology
10. A survey study of smartphones behavior in Brunei: A proposal of modelling big data strategies, International Journal of Cyber Behavior, Psychology and Learning
11. Online learning: Trends, issues, and challenges in the big data era, Journal of E-Learning and Knowledge Society
12. Tracking future path of consumers' empowerment in E-health, E-Health and Telemedicine: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications
13. E-government initiatives through cloud computing: Empowering citizens, Cloud Computing Technologies for Connected Government
14. Designing role of online health educators in healthcare services, Journal of Evidence-Informed Social Work
15. Smartphones habits, necessities, and big data challenges, Journal of High Technology Management Research
16. Tracking future path of consumers' empowerment in e-health, International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications
17. Pervasive knowledge, social networks, and cloud computing: E-learning 2.0, Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education
18. Electronic Health Object: Transforming Health Care Systems From Static to Interactive and Extensible, Inquiry : a journal of medical care organization, provision and financing
19. Incorporating customer empowerment in mobile health, Health Policy and Technology
20. Electronic health object: Transforming health care systems from static to interactive and extensible, Inquiry (United States)
21. Social customer relationship management and student empowerment in online learning systems, International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management
22. Empowering customers in electronic health (e-health) through social customer relationship management, International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management
23. Modeling patient empowerment in healthcare organization through cloud computing, Proceedings of the International Conference on Electronic Business (ICEB)
24. Applying Transaction Cost Economy to Construct a Strategy for Travel Agents in Facing Disintermediation Threats, Journal of Internet Commerce
25. Crafting strategies for sustainability: How travel agents should react in facing a disintermediation, Operational Research
26. A cultural transferability on IT business application: iReservation system, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology
27. Incorporating social customer relationship management in negotiation, International Journal of Electronic Customer Relationship Management
28. Adopting customers' empowerment and social networks to encourage participations in E-health services, Journal of Health Care Finance
29. Customer expectation of E-Health Systems in Brunei Darussalam, Journal of Health Care Finance
30. Empowering clients through e-health in healthcare services: Case brunei, International Quarterly of Community Health Education