Senior Assistant Professor, UBD School of Business and Economics and Deputy Director, Institute of Policy Studies
I am academic staff at Universiti Brunei Darussalam School of Business & Economics. My professional experience started when I was IT Business Analyst at Astra International. After completion of my PhD, I worked one year as research fellow at National Taiwan University sponsored by the Government Republic of China (Taiwan). Before that I pursued my research fellowship at King Saud University - the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2009. Details of my research interests are as below.
Bachelor of Management Information Systems (BMIS - Hons), International Islamic University Malaysia
Master of IT (E-Business), James Cook University, Australia
PhD in Business Administration, Universiti Brunei Darussalam
Business Information Systems
E-Health & Mobile Health
Digital Business & Social Computing
Big data in business
ICT & Area Studies (ASEAN/Borneo)
ICT in Education
Business Information Systems and Covid-19 Pandemic; Fourth Industrial Revolution; Mobile Health and Future Direction;
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar h-index
Google Scholar i10-index
Anshari, M., Almunawar, M.N., & Masri, M., (2020). Financial Technology and Disruptive Innovation in Business, International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management (IJABIM), Vol. 11 (4), [IGI Global - Q2 Scopus indexed ]
Anshari, M. and Sumardi, W.H. (2020). Employing big data in business organisation and business ethics, Int. J. Business Governance and Ethics, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.181â€“205. DOI: 10.1504/IJBGE.2020.106349. Inderscience Publishers. [IGI - Q2 Scopus indexed in Business and International Management].
Thani, F. A., & Anshari, M. (2020). Maximizing Smartcard for Public Usage: PDCA and Root Cause Analysis. International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management (IJABIM), 11(2), 121-132. [IGI Global - Q2 Scopus Indexed]
Anshari, M., Almunawar, M.N., & Masri, M., Hamdan, M. (2019). Digital Marketplace and FinTech to Support Agriculture Sustainability, Energy Procedia, 156C (2019) pp. 234-238. [Elsevier - Q1 Scopus indexed]
Anshari, M., Almunawar, M.N., Ariff Lim, S., Al-mudimigh, A., (2019). Customer Relationship Management and Big Data Enabled: Personalization & Customization of Services, Applied Computing and Informatics. Vol. 15 (2), p. 94-101. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aci.2018.05.004 [Elsevier - Q1 Scopus Indexed in Information System]
Anshari, M., Alas, Y., & Sulaiman, E. (2019). Smartphone Addictions and Nomophobia among Youth. Vulnerable Children & Youth Studies. https://doi.org/10.1080/17450128.2019.1614709 [Taylor & Francis - Q2 Scopus Indexed]
Razzaq, A., Samiha, Y.T., & Anshari, M. (2018). Smartphone Habits in Supporting Students Self-Efficacy at Higher Education, International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, 13 (2), pp. 94-109. Kassel University Press. [Q2 Scopus Indexed].
Anshari, M., et.al. (2017). Smartphones usage in the classrooms: Learning aid or interference? Education and Information Technologies. DOI: 10.1007/s10639-017-9572-7. [Springer - Q1 Scopus in Information Science]
Anshari, M., & Lim, S.A. (2017) E-Government with Big Data Enabled through Smartphone for Public Services: Possibilities and Challenges, International Journal of Public Administration, 40:13, 1143-1158, DOI: 10.1080/01900692.2016.1242619. [Taylor & Francis - Q1 Scopus in Business & International Management; ABDC Ranked B]
Anshari, M., et.al. (2016). Smartphone habit and behaviour in Brunei: personalization, gender, and generation gap. Computers in Human Behaviour. Vol. 64 (2016) 719-727. DOI. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2016.07.063. [Elsevier - Q1 Scopus in Human-Computer Interaction; ABDC Ranked A].
Alas, Y., Anshari, M., Sabtu, N.I., & Yunus, N.M., (2016). Second-Chance University Admission, the Theory of Planned Behaviour and Student Achievement. International Review of Education. Vol. 62 (3). P. 299 â€“ 316. DOI: 10.1007/s11159-016-9558-5. [Springer - Q2 Scopus & ISI Indexed].
Anshari, M., Alas, Y., & Guan, L. S. (2016). Developing online learning resources: Big data, social networks, and cloud computing to support pervasive knowledge. Education and Information Technologies, 1-15. DOI: 10.1007/s10639-015-9407-3. [Springer - Q1 Scopus in Information Sciences]
Anshari, M., & Lim, S. A. (2016). Customer relationship management with big data enabled in banking sector. Journal of Scientific Research and Development, 3 (4), 1-7. [ISI indexed]
Almunawar, M.N, Anshari, M. & Younis, M. Z. (2015). Incorporating Customer Empowerment in Mobile Health. Health Policy & Technology. Elsevier Vol. 4, p. 312-319. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hlpt.2015.08.008. [Elsevier - Scopus Indexed & ABDC Ranked B]
Anshari, M., & Alas, Y. (2015). Smartphones Habits, Necessities, and Big Data Challenges. Journal of High Technology Management Research. 26 (2): 177-185. Elsevier, DOI: 10.1016/j.hitech.2015.09.005. [Elsevier - Q2 Scopus in Management of Technology & Innovation].
Anshari, M., & Almunawar, M. N. (2015). Designing Role of Online Health Educators in Healthcare Services. Journal of evidence-informed social work, 12 (2), p. 220-236. [Taylor & Francis - Q2 Scopus indexed, Medline, PubMed]
Anshari, M., Alas, Y., & Guan, L. S. (2015). Pervasive Knowledge, Social Networks, and Cloud Computing: E-Learning 2.0. Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science & Technology Education, 2015, 11 (5), p.909-921. DOI: 10.12973/eurasia.2015.1360a. [Moment Publications - Q2 Scopus in Education]
Almunawar, M.N., Anshari, M. & Younis, M. Z. & Kiza, A. (2015). Electronic Health Object: Transforming Static to Interactive and Extensible Healthcare Systems. Inquiry: The Journal of Healthcare Organization, Provision, & Financing. Vol. 52. DOI; 10.1177/0046958015618665. [SAGE - Q2 Scopus in Healthcare Management].
Almunawar, M. N., & Anshari, M. (2014). Applying Transaction Cost Economy to Construct a Strategy for Travel Agents in Facing Disintermediation Threats. Journal of Internet Commerce, 13: 211-232. [Taylor & Francis -Q2 Scopus indexed & ABDC Ranked B]
Almunawar, M.N., Susanto, H., and Anshari, M. (2013). A Cultural Transferability on IT Business Application: iReservation System, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, Vol. 4 (2) p. 155-176. [Emerald - Q1 Scopus in Information Systems & ABDC Ranked B]
Almunawar, M. N., & Anshari, M. (2014). Applying Transaction Cost Economy to Construct a Strategy for Travel Agents in Facing Disintermediation Threats. Journal of Internet Commerce, 13: 211-232. [Taylor & Francis - Q2 Scopus]
Almunawar, M.N., Anshari, M., Susanto, H., (2013). Crafting strategies for sustainability: how travel agents should react in facing a disintermediation. Operational Research. Vol. 13 (3). pp. 317-342. DOI 10.1007/s12351-012-0129-7, p. 27. [Springer - Q2 Scopus indexed in Strategy & Management]
Anshari, M., Almunawar, M.N., Low, P.K.C., Al-Mudimigh A.S. (2012). Empowering Clients Through E-Health in Healthcare Services: Case Brunei, International Quarterly of Community Health Education, Vol. 33 (2), pp. 189-219, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2190/IQ.33.2.g. [SAGE - Q2 Scopus, PubMed]
Anshari, M., Almunawar, M. N., Low, P. K. C., & Wint, Z. (2012). Customer Empowerment in Healthcare Organisations Through CRM 2.0: Survey Results from Brunei Tracking a Future Path in E-Health Research. ASEAS â€“ Austrian Journal of South-East Asian Studies, 5(1), p.139-151. [Q2 Scopus, ProQuest]
Faculty Block Grant, UBD. Ref. No.: UBD/RSCH/1.8/FICBF(b)/2020/006 Title: Financial Technology (FinTech) Assessment in ASEAN: Crowdfunding and Payment System. (Principal Investigator)
Faculty Block Grant, UBD. Ref. No.: UBD/RSCH/1.8/FICBF(b)/2018/003 Title: Business Models of Digital Marketplace in ASEAN. (Co-Principal Investigator)
UBD Research Grant Ref. No.: UBD/ORI/URC/RG336/U01 Title: Big Data Application in the E-Government Initiative: Feasibility Studies (Principal Investigator)
Taiwan Research Fellowship No.: MOFATF2014035 Title: Consumers' Empowerment in E-Health Systems; Host Institution: National Taiwan University (Principal Investigator)
King Saud University; Customer Relationship Management in Banking Sector, 2008 (Principal Investigator)
Current Research Project
Command Staff Course - Graduate Diploma in Security Studies
1. Major (Pilot) Mohammad Azmi - The challenges of achieving security in space
2. Major Haji Hazimin - The procurement of drones as a cost effective opportunity to redress RBAF capability gaps
3. Lt. Col. (Pilot) Frederick DC Pacia - Deploying Artificial Intelligence in Military: Case of Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAV)
Master of Defence & Security Studies
1. Major Fakhrul - Royal Brunei Land Forces' readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution: A Case Study
Degree Research Exercise
1. Muhamad Azuwan Juna - Opportunities and Challenges of Working From Home Post Covid 19
2. Hon Lee Wei - Looking into consumers’ perspective: How social media influences the behaviour of Bruneian on buying consumable goods?
3. Siti Nadhirah - Impacts of Social Media as a business platform: A case of Entrepreneurship in Brunei Darussalam
4. Siti NurulJannah - Developing digital ecosystem for a digital wallet in Brunei
Master of Management - Research Exercise
1. Muhammad Azmi Sait - Assessing Brunei Darussalam Public and Private Sector Readiness Towards Big Data Application (Indexed by Scopus)
1. Capt. Haji Mohammad Amirul Shahnoel - The Impact of IR4.0 on the Socio-Innovation System & the Future of Jobs in Brunei Darussalam
2. Abubakar Mukhtar Yakasai - Integrated Model of Intention to Use and Actual Online Shopping Use Behaviour among Nigerian Consumers
3. Mohammad Alif Azizi bin Haji Abdullah - Digital ecosystem: Framework to measure ecosystem health
Department of Health Management and Health Economics (HELED), University of Oslo Norway - Mobile Health
Jackson State University, USA - E-health research
Binus University Indonesia - Mobile commerce research
Consultancy - AITI - ICT Survey on Individual, Household and Business 2018
IT Business Analyst - Astra International
Research Sharing and Presentation
1. Panel Presenter on Industrial Revolution 4.0, Persidangan Perkhidmatan Awam, Sempena Hari Perkhidmatan Awam Kali ke-26 Negara Brunei Darussalam, Prime Minister Office, 19 November 2019.
2. The Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic, "Factors Influencing Individual in Adopting e-Wallet", The 9th International Conference on Information Communication & Management (ICICM 2019), 23-26 August 2019.
3. ASEAN Regional Workshop at Bangkok Thailand on â€œClimate Finance: GCF Concept Note Write-shop, "Transforming from Trash to Cash: Digital Wallet & Changing People Behavior". 10-12 September 2019, (Best concept-paper).
4. Nagoya University, Japan, "Digital Marketplace and FinTech to Support Agriculture Sustainability". 4th International Conference on Renewable Energy and Development, Sept 19-21, 2018.
5. University of Macau, China, "Big data and Open Government Data in Public Services Knowledge". 2018 International Conference on Big Data Management, 26-28 Feb 2018.
6. Binus University, Indonesia, "Big Data in Healthcare for Personalization Customization of Healthcare Services", International Conference on Information Management and Technology (ICIMTech), 2019.
7. Universitas Sriwijaya, Indonesia, "Expending Technique Cryptography for Plaintext Messages by Modifying Playfair Cipher Algorithm with Matrix 5 x 19", 3rd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (ICECOS), OCTOBER 02-04, 2019. (Best Paper)
8. International Postgraduate Networks (IPN) at Hat Yai Thailand, "Customer Relationship Management with Big Data Enabled in Banking Sector", 22 â€“ 23 April 2016.
9. Universitas Yudharta Pasuruan, Indonesia, " ICT ASEAN Index Readiness", International Seminar Arah Kebijakan Ekonomi di Era ASEAN Economic Community, May 2, 2016.
10. Chulalongkorn University Bangkok Thailand, "Big Data Era: Big Challenges for ASEAN Economic Community". International Conference on ASEAN Studies 2 (ICONAS 2), 3-5 August 2015. (Best paper - won prize USD 1000)
11. Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta Indonesia, "Shifting Role of Customers from Recipient to Partner of Care in Healthcare Organization". The 13th ASEAN Graduate Business, Economic Program (AGBEP) Network, April 2, 2013, (Best paper - Prize 1 Million Indonesian Rupiah)
12. National Chengchi University (NCCU), Taipei - Taiwan, "Modeling patient empowerment in healthcare organization through cloud computing", The Fourteenth International Conference on Electronic Business, 8-12 December 2014.
13. Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia, "Crafting Strategies of Patient Empowerment in E-Health System: CRM 2.0", Research Sharing at Faculty of Computer and Information Technology, 2014.