Associate Professor, Faculty of Science
Dr. Mohammad Mansoob Khan is an Associate Professor at Chemical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Universiti Brunei Darussalaam, Brunei Darussalaam. Before joining UBD, Dr. Khan has worked in India, Ethiopia, Oman and South Korea and has demonstrated excellence in teaching and research.
At present Dr. Khan is working in the cutting edge area of nanochemistry, nanosciences and nanotechnology especially in the field of inorganic nanostructures and nanohybrid materials such as gold nanoparticles, silver nanoparticles, metal oxides nanostructures, chalcogenides nanostructures, their nanocomposites and band gap engineering of semiconductors such as metal oxides and chalcogenides. Their applications in the hydrogen production, photocatalysis, photoelectrodes, sensor, solar cells and various biological applications.
Dr. Khan is also working on synthesis of graphene, graphene-based nanocomposites, Graphitic carbon nitride (g-C3N4) and g-C3N4-based nanocomposites for various novel applications.
Dr. Khan has about 120 publications including international peer-reviewed journal articles, conference proceedings, books, edited books and book chapters having about 7500 citations with 46 h-index and 75 i10-index. Dr. Khan also got 05 Patents (4 Korean & 1 Brunei) and has opportunity to address conferences as Keynote Speakers (04 Keynote) and Invited Speakers (10 talks). Reviewers of about 8 dozens of International journals.
Dr. Khan is also:
i. Editor of three books published by Springer (2017) and Elsevier (2018 and 2021).
ii. Guest Editors of following four Journals:
Â· Journal of Saudi Chemical Society (2015)
Â· Journal of Nanomaterials (2017)
iii. Authors of about 12 book chapters published by Elsevier, Springer and Wiley.
B.Sc. (Honors in Chemistry);
M.Sc. (Chemistry); and
Ph.D. (Chemistry) from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
1. Green syntheses of metal nanoparticles, metal oxides, chalcogenides, inorganic nanohybrid and nanocomposite materials.
2. Band gap engineering of semiconductor nanostructures such as metal oxide, chalcogenides etc for catalysis, photocatalysis and water splitting.
3. Synthesis of different types of nanomaterials for hydrogen production, energy and environment related applications such as Microbial Fuel Cells and environmental remediation.
4. Synthesis of binary, ternary, and quaternary nanocomposites for optoelectronic devices, photoelectrodes and sensors (Enzymatic and non-enzymatic).
5. Synthesis of graphene and g-C3N4 as well as graphene- and g-C3N4-based nanocomposites for various novel applications.
6. Applications of above mentioned materials in catalysis, photocatalysis, visible light-induced photocatalysis, hydrogen production, water splitting, sensor, optoelectronics, photo-voltaics, electrode materials, photoelectrodes and capacitors as well as super capacitors.
Synthesizing novel and smart nanomaterials using green approach for sustainable energy and environment applications.
Synthesizing novel perovskites nanomaterials for possible energy and environment applications.
Fabrication of novel graphene- and g-C3N4-based nanomaterials using green approach for energy and environment applications.
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar h-index
Google Scholar i10-index
1. S. Matussin, M. H. Harunsani, A. L. Tan, M. Mansoob Khan, Effect of Co2+ and Ni2+ co-doping on SnO2 synthesized via phytogenic method for photoantioxidant studies and photoconversion of 4-nitrophenol, Materials Today Communications, 2020, 25, 101677. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtcomm.2020.101677
2. A. A. Rai, E. Stojanovska, Y. Akgul, M. Mansoob Khan, A. Kilic, S. Yilmaz, Fabrication of co-PVDF/modacrylic/SiO2 nanofibrous membrane: Composite separator for safe and high performance lithium-ion batteries, Journal of Applied Polymer Science 2020, https://doi.org/10.1002/app.49835
3. M. Mansoob Khan, Harunsani, M.H., Tan, A.L., M. Hojamberdiev, Y. A. Poi & N. Ahmad, Antibacterial Studies of ZnO and Cu-Doped ZnO Nanoparticles Synthesized Using Aqueous Leaf Extract of Stachytarpheta jamaicensis. BioNanoSci. 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12668-020-00775-5
4. S. Matussin, M. H. Harunsani, A. L. Tan, M. Mansoob Khan, Effect of Ni-doping on the properties of the SnO2 synthesized using Tradescantia spathacea for photoantioxidant studies, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 2020, 252, 123293, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matchemphys.2020.123293
5. S. Matussin, M. H. Harunsani, A. L. Tan, M. Mansoob Khan, Photoantioxidant studies of the SnO2 nanoparticles fabricated using aqueous leaf extract of Tradescantia spathacea, Solid State Sciences, 2020, 105, 106279 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solidstatesciences.2020.106279
6. N. F. Haji Abd Hamid, M. Mansoob Khan and L. H. Lim, Assessment of nitrate, nitrite and chloride in selected cured meat products and their exposure to school children in Brunei Darussalam, Journal of Food Composition and Analysis, 2020, 91, 103520
7. M. Mansoob Khan, M. H. Harunsani, A. L. Tan, M. Hojamberdiev, S. Azamay, N. Ahmad, Antibacterial activities of zinc oxide and Mn-doped zinc oxide synthesized using Melastoma malabathricum (L.) leaf extract, Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering 2020, 43, 1339â€“1357. DOI: 10.1007/s00449-020-02343-3
8. M. D. Calisir, M. Gungor, A. Demir, A. Kilic, M. Mansoob Khan, Nitrogen-doped TiO2 fibers for visible-light-induced photocatalytic activities, Ceramics International, 2020, 46, 10, 16743-16753 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2020.03.250
9. A. U. Khan, M. Khan, M. Mansoob Khan, Selected nanotechnologies and nanostructures for drug delivery, nanomedicine and cure, Bioprocess and Biosystems Engineering 2020, 43, 1339â€“1357. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00449-020-02330-8
10. Khan F, Lee JW, Pham DTN, M. Mansoob Khan, Park SK, Shin IS, Kim YM, Antibiofilm action of ZnO, SnO2 and CeO2 nanoparticles towards Gram-positive biofilm forming pathogenic bacteria, Recent Pat Nanotechnol. 2020, 14, 3, 239-249. Doi: 10.2174/1872210514666200313121953 14
11. S. Matussin, M. H. Harunsani, A. L. Tan, M. Mansoob Khan, Plant-Extract-Mediated SnO2 Nanoparticles: Synthesis and Applications, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2020, 8, 8, 3040-3054.
1. S. Matussin, M. H. Harunsani, A. L. Tan, M. Mansoob Khan, Plant-Extract-Mediated SnO2 Nanoparticles: Synthesis and Applications, ACS Sustainable Chem. Eng. 2020, 8, 8, 3040-3054.
2. A. Mohammad, M. R. Karim, M. E. Khan, M. Mansoob Khan, M. H. Cho, Biofilm-Assisted Fabrication of Ag@SnO2-g-C3N4 Nanostructures for Visible Light-Induced Photocatalysis and Photoelectrochemical Performance, J. Phys. Chem. C 2019, 123, 34, 20936-20948.
3. M. Hojamberdiev, M. Mansoob Khan, Z. Kadirova, K. Kawashima, K. Yubuta, K. Teshima, M. Hasegawa, and R. Riedel, Synergistic effect of g-C3N4, Ni(OH)2 and halloysite in nanocomposite photocatalyst on efficient photocatalytic hydrogen generation, Renewable Energy, 2019, 138, 434-444.
4. M. M. Khan, N. H. Saadah, M. E. Khan, M. H. Harunsani, A. L. Tan and M. H. Cho, Potentials of Costus woodsonii leaf extract in producing narrow band gap ZnO nanoparticles, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 2019, 91, 194-200.
5. M. Hojamberdiev, Y. Cai, J. J. M. Vequizo, M. Mansoob Khan, R. Vargas, K. Yubuta, A. Yamakata, K. Teshimaf and M. Hasegawa, Binary flux-promoted formation of trigonal ZnIn2S4 layered crystals using ZnS-containing industrial waste and their photocatalytic performance for H2 production, Green Chem., 2018, 20, 3845-3856.
6. M. E. Khan, M. M. Khan, M. H. Cho, Recent progress of metalâ€“graphene nanostructures in photocatalysis, Nanoscale, 2018, 10, 9427-9440.
7. M. E. Khan, M. M. Khan, M. H. Cho, Environmentally sustainable biogenic fabrication of AuNP decorated-graphitic g-C3N4 nanostructures towards improved photoelectrochemical performances, RSC Adv., 2018, 8, 13898-13909.
8. M. E. Khan, M. Mansoob Khan, B. K. Min, M. H. Cho, Microbial fuel cell assisted band gap narrowed TiO2 for visible lightinduced photocatalytic activities and power generation, Scientific Reports 2018, 8, 1723.
9. S. Parwaiz, K. Bhunia, A. K. Das, M. Mansoob Khan, and D. Pradhan, Cobalt-Doped Ceria/Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite as an Efficient Oxygen Reduction Reaction Catalyst and Supercapacitor Material, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2017, 121,20165â€“20176.
10. M. E. Khan, M. M. Khan, M. H. Cho, Ce3+ -ion, Surface Oxygen Vacancy, and Visible Light-induced Photocatalytic Dye Degradation and Photocapacitive Performance of CeO2-Graphene Nanostructures, Scientific Reports 2017, 7, 5928.
11. M. E. Khan, M. M. Khan, M. H. Cho, Defected graphene nano-platelets for enhanced hydrophilic nature and visible light-induced photoelectrochemical performances, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 2017, 104, 233â€“242.
12. R. Saravanan, M. Mansoob Khan, F. Gracia, J. Qin, V. K. Gupta, and A. Stephen, Ce3+ -ion-induced visible-light photocatalytic degradation and electrochemical activity of ZnO/CeO2 nanocomposite. Scientific Reports 2016, 6, 31641.
13. M. Mansoob Khan, S. F. Adil, and A. A. Mayouf, Metal oxides as Photocatalysts. Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, 2015, 19, 462-464.
14. R. Saravanan, M. Mansoob Khan, V. K. Gupta, E. Mosquera, F. Gracia, V. Narayanan and A. Stephen,ZnO/Ag/Mn2O3 nanocomposite for visible lightinduced industrial textile effluent degradation, uric acid and ascorbic acid sensing and antimicrobial activity. RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 34645â€“34651.
15. M. Mansoob Khan, S. A. Ansari, M. E. Khan, M. O. Ansari, and M. H. Cho, Visible light-induced enhanced photoelectrochemical and photocatalytic studies of gold decorated SnO2 nanostructures. New Journal of Chemistry, 2015, 39, 2758â€“2766.
16. M. Mansoob Khan, S. A. Ansari, D. Pradhan, M. O. Ansari, D. H. Han, J. Lee and M. H. Cho, Band gap engineered TiO2 nanoparticles for visible light induced photoelectrochemical and photocatalytic studies. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2014, 2, 637â€“644.
1. Grant type: URG, Grant Number: UBD/ORI/URC/RG(330)/U01,
Project Title: Band gap engineering of metal oxides for possible applications in photocatalysis, photoanode and optoelectronic devices,
Investigators (PI/Co-PI): Dr. Mohammad Mansoob Khan (PI) and Dr. Mohammad Hilni bin Harun sani (Co-Pi),
Funding Details: Seed grant, Start Date: 31/12/2015, End Date: 30/12/2018
2. Grant type: Block grant, Grant Number: UBD/RSCH/1.4/FICBF(b)/2018/012
Project Title: Nanomaterials for Biological and Photocatalytic Applications
Investigators (PI/Co-PI): Dr. Mohammad Mansoob Khan (PI), Dr. Tan Ai Ling, Dr. Mohammad Hilni bin Harun sani and Dr Norhayati (Co-Pi),
Funding Details: Block grant, Start Date: 01/8/2018, End Date: 31/07/2021
1. 120 International Research articles
2. 03 Books Editor (Published by Springer and Elsevier)
3. 01 Published book
4. 14Book chapters (Elsevier, Springer and Wiley)
5. 05 Patents (4 South Korean & 1 Brunei)
6. Reviewer of more than 8 dozens of journals published by Royal Society of Chemistry, American Chemical Society, Elsevier, Springer and Wiley.
Our group provide consultancy services upon request.
Collaborating with following 05 Universities/Institutions:
1. Yeungnam University, South Korea
2. Chungnam National University, South Korea
3. Pukyong National University, Busan, South Korea
4. Technische Universitaet, Germany
5. Indian Institute of Technology, India
6. Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey
7. Jaipur National University, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
Our research is useful for environment and energy related applications and remediation which can be used for the benefits of academics, economy and social life.